"Quick Tips For a Fast Sale"
When it's time to sell your home, it's the little things that count.
Here's a hot list of cool moves that make your home more saleable, at a higher price.
Capitalize on first impressions
· Sweep the street in front of your house and clear all steps and walkways of debris, including pet droppings.
· Make sure the siding on your house is clean. Wash all the windows until they sparkle.
· Consider a fresh coat of paint. At least paint the trim, front door and shutters.
· Check all lighting to make sure they work. Install new bulbs, if needed.
Pump up curb appeal
· Water and mow the lawn. Rake the leaves.
· Trim trees. Plant colorful flowers.
· Stow bicycles, toys, gardening equipment and other items typically left outside or in the yard.
· Garage the car or park on the street to leave ample parking for prospective buyers.
Set the stage
· Organize. Remove all clutter, including items such as small appliances, gadgets, toys and memorabilia.
· Hide or temporarily disconnect tangles of obtrusive extension cords, computer network wiring, cables and like wiring or cabling.
· Organize cabinets to demonstrate ample storage space.
· Recycle or store away newspapers, magazines and other publications.
· Board pets, send them to the neighbors or keep them out of sight. Remove pet odors, put away the litter box, store pet toys.
· Bake cookies, burn scented candles or fire up the fireplace to make the house smell pleasant and feel cozy.
· Stash valuables, including medications, in a safe, secure place.
Offer informative disclosures, via fact sheets, brochures
· Have any inspection on hand.
· Provide a list of all home improvements, new appliances, fixtures, etc.
· Prepare take-away brochures and flyers about the property, the neighborhood, area schools and local services, attractions and destinations.
Be a good neighbor
· Make sure your agent has communicated with the neighbors to inform them of any open house dates.
· Invite the neighbors for a private showing one hour prior to the public open house.